Thursday, October 29, 2009

I wanna be like Luke

My grandson, Luke is 2 years old. His sister is 4. We have a little game we play everytime I visit that goes like this: As soon as I open the door I say "I'm lookin for my grandchildren." That is their cue to run and hide. It takes me a little while and a lot of giggles before I find them and scoop them up for a big hug.
One day I went for a visit and Luke saw me before I had a chance to say my opening line. So instead I said , "Who am I lookin for?" Luke threw his arms up into the air and with a huge smile on his face and eyes sparkling he said, "ME!"
"Yes. Yes!" I said, "I am lookin for YOU!
Then, of course I scooped him up and then we went looking for his sister for her scoop and hug.
I want to be like Luke instead of the way I am at this time in my life. When I hear God calling me to do something I hesitate and question Him. "me?" I whisper. "Are You sure?"
But I wish I could respond to God and to the love He is trying to give to me the way Luke responded to the one who was looking for and loving him.

No comments:

Post a Comment