Monday, November 23, 2009

I am not Worthy

I am so sorry for posting the Sea-Worthy thing. It's not that what I said was necessarily bad, but it was sinful in that it caused me (and God forbid I should ever cause another person) to miss the mark.
Last night at Mass I realized how profane it is to try to capture a holy experience with words. To take a part of the Mass, especially a part that is so personal--the very words we say just before receiving Holy Communion and to try to capture their essence is impossible (because God is living, not static.)
There is nothing wrong with wanting to be sea-worthy, or able to withstand the waters, but the words, "I am not worthy to receive You" are so much more than that.
I am sorry for trying to capture God with a clever turn of phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment